More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Brand:||Does Not Apply|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||Does Not Apply||EAN:||Does Not Apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Parred Toy Pet Bird Toy Large Java Bush
- Oxford Drifter Flotante Imán de Algas Limpiador para Cristal hasta 16mm
- Prevue Pet Products Flight Cage
- OFFICIAL Floppy Dawg™ Extra Large Waterproof Dog Bed with Removable Cover
- Total Win Freestanding Wooden Pet Gate, Dog Fence with 2PCS Support - Preowned
- Anti-Rutsch Kofferraumwanne Laderaumwanne Kofferraummatte Citroen XM (Y3)
- Pet Urn Memorial Stone Cremation Box Oak Wood 65 Engraved Poodle Bulldog Beagle
- Dog Pet Starter kit FinePet Dog Starter Set (6pcs) economical choice for new pet
- ORVIS DOG BED COVER Bolster With Fleece Small NEW Tan
- 1 case 6 of 24 Bird Cages Breeding Breeder Flight With Center Divider
- Cheetah Mesh Padded Seat Covers Steering Wheel Set 11pc For VWJetta
- Wood Rabbit Hutch Pet Cage w Run Waterproof Roof Bunny Small Animal House
- Wave Box Orion 30 Nano Aquarium Complete Aquarium Mini Aquarium +
- New LARGE white leather dog mannequins for school graduation wedding autograph
- Mikki Mighty Dog Muzzle - For Extra Large Dogs - Size 6 - Cage Puppy Sizes
- ANDIS 008AND-64071 Andis No. 10 AG UltraEdge Blade - No. 64071
- 58 Large Parred Bird Cage Play Top Pet Supplies w Perch Stand 2 Doors Flattop
- NHV Natural pet products - Natures Immuno
- A40 Green Felt Washable Detachable Soft Mat Pet Dog Cat Bed Hut Width 29X14cm
- Pet Congreenible Elite 3 in 1 Gate Pen Divider Large 6 Panels Brown
- Wahl 5-1 Professional Animal Arco Cordless Dog Pet Grooming Clipper Kit
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.