More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's ... Read moreabout the condition
|Dog Size:||S||Features:||Adjustable, Reflective/Lighted|
|MPN:||Does Not Apply||Type:||Strap Harness|
|EAN:||Does not apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- 3X(Waterproof Dog Car Seat Covers Pet Seat Cover Nonslip Bench Seat Cover Com 4I
- Hands Free Dog Walking and Running Waist Belt - Set of 4 [ID 3693176]
- 49 Cream Cat Tree
- VIVOHOME Air Pumps 110V 1110GPH 50W 8 Outlets Electromagnetic Commercial Systems
- Julius-k9, 162b-bb1, K9-powerharness, Größe Baby 1, blue - Harness Dog K9
- Knorr Toys Knorr55130 Funny Game Tunnel
- Four Paws Metal Auto Closing Dog Gate, 35.75-39.75 x 36
- Beregnungsanlage für Terrarium + Kanister Angebot Fogger Pro Rain Nebler Düsen
- Spardar Pet Drinking Water Fountain for Cats Dogs (1.6L,Cylindrical-UK),...
- Cat Play House Outdoor Kitty Compound Cats Tube Enclosure Yard Pen Cage Fun NEW
- Purina Proplan Cat Sterile Pavo 8 x 400 g
- K&H Pet Products Mod Thermo-Kitty Shelter Tan
- Nobby Seoli Donut, 60 cm, Dark Grey Light Grey
- Hair Blow Dryer Holder Adjustable Hair Dryer Stand Hands Free for Pets
- Niggeloh Warning Collar, Small, Yellow
- Continuum Aquatics Flora-Viv Prolifera, Carbon Source Kreb's Cycle Accelerator
- Hair Clippers Dog Cat Electric Wireless Professional Rechargeable Low Noise
- Set of 5 Pc Aquarium Plants Landscaping 18 Tools Kit - 12283
- Red Sea Calcium Pro Aquarium Test Kit CA Live Coral Nano Reef 75 test
- SportDOG UplandHunter SDR-AB Extra Collar Beeper Combo For SD-1875 Train & BEEP
- Doggy stairs.Pet furniture, 30 inches Tall dog steps.Dog Supplies
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.